5.09.2012

Jet Bar-B-Que

Jet Bar-B-Que is the location of a momentous event. It is at this legendary Wichita bar-b-que establishment that I lost my first tooth... yeah, pretty epic. My childhood connection to Jet Bar-B-Que continues with my starring role in one of their very first ad campaigns. I was featured looking a little something like this:
Of course, Jet Bar-B-Que has more than just a connection to me to make it a Wichita landmark.

This bar-b-que joint is located in a historical firehouse on the corner of 3rd and Wabash. The large brick building is set off by the massive original doors and windows.








Describing this place as a "true drive-thru" is no joke. Pull your car right in through the side of the building and follow the yellow painted road to the next door to order and pick-up your meal.


Whether driving through or dining in, be sure to check out the eclectic setting. Look out for firemen equipment lining the flame painted walls, an assortment of whimsical toys, signs, and mismatched converse tennis shoes hanging from the industrial piping.











The newest edition to the Jet Bar-B-Que scene is by far the most impressive. Parked across from the dining area is the Wichita Firehouse Trolley. This antique firetruck has been repurposed as the most unique party bus in town or the perfect place for a certain Superagent to play.




Now that we've discussed this feast for your eyes, let's discuss the feast for your face. Whether you choose the smoked turkey, the brisket, or the ribs (or choose them all like me), I can guarantee that the 'Q' is gonna be gooood.








As for your beverage? Let me recommend a nice can of Strawberry soda.


Don't forget to say hello to the owner, John the Jetman, for me! As you can see, he's a pretty serious guy.



The Artichoke man even stopped by for lunch while I was there. 

Have you tried Jet Bar-B-Que yet? Let me know in the comment section below.

1 comment:

Linda Spear said...

I haven't tried it yet, but with pics like that I am going drive right in. I just looovve BBQ! Thanks Linda

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity