6.15.2012

Guest Post: Dad's Movie Night Kit

Today I have a guest post from Bianca over at A Little White Mouse. She's sharing her idea for a fun Father's Day gift on a budget. 

This Dad's Movie Night Kit is perfect if your looking for something creative, inexpensive and local. Not to mention, you still have time to get this together before Sunday! 


Let's face it, the dads in your life have enough ties.

Why not get him something he's really looking for? A night with his favorite family members, a good movie and some yummy treats.

All the pieces of my kit were inexpensive, easy to find here in Wichita, and just plain fun.

In my Dad's Movie Night Kit:

1) Popcorn container
I snagged this cute plastic popcorn tub from none other than my friendly neighborhood Dollar Tree (6605 E 37th St N)... that's right, for $1.

2) Dad's Root Beer and Glass mug
What can I say? Both also from Dollar Tree. How perfect is "Dad's" Root Beer? The glass mug is large and heavy, you would never guess it only cost $1.

3) A good movie
I chose The Great Outdoors from the $5 movie bin at Wal-Mart. It seemed funny and manly. It was between it and a boxed set of Steve McQueen movies for me.

4) Art & Mary's Jalapeño Tater Chips, Popcorn, M&M's and Hot Tamales
You know his favorites. I bought all of these at Wal-Mart as well.

5) Cocoa Dolce Chocolate Covered Bacon
This may be my favorite thing in the whole kit! It comes in three flavors of bacon and is in fun packaging. Plus... it's Cocoa Dolce Chocolate Covered Bacon (in Bradley Fair, 2132 North Rock Road)! 'Nough said. You just better hope dad shares...

And that's it! He'll love the thought, the creativity and the fact that he gets a movie night with you!

Thanks so much for having me Jake!


No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity